F A Q

Sizes:
If you are buying a ring, bangle, bracelet or watch you will need to know what size you would like.
Rings are sized by the UK’s standard letter system. Fingers should ideally be measured by a jeweller, when the hands are neither very cold nor very warm, most jewellers will do this for you free of charge.  If you are buying a gift, a size can be obtained from measuring a ring already owned by the intended wearer.  Alternatively we can send you a free of charge measuring card.
Bangles are measured across the internal diameter in millimetres.  Sizes for non-circular bangles can be discussed at the time of ordering.
Bracelets and watches are measured by length in inches, most cannot be made to an exact length due to the components of the item (eg size of links).
Pebbles cannot accept responsibility for items correctly made to an incorrectly supplied size.  It may be possible for the size to be altered but there will be a charge for this service.

How do I place an order?
Many of our items can now be purchased online, simply Add to Basket and complete the check-out procedure.
If the item you have selected cannot be added to Basket or if you live in a country not covered by our check-out procedure please contact us, quoting the order number, by e-mail using the details below:

Email: sales@pebbles-st-ives.co.uk

We can then discuss your purchase with you, give you further information about the item you are interested in, ensure you have ordered the correct size, confirm total cost of your order and advise an approximate delivery schedule.

How do I cancel an order?
Please advise us as soon as possible.  If an item has already been despatched to you, you will have to pay the cost of returning the item to us.  If we are able to stop work on commissioned pieces it may be possible to give a refund.

Why can’t I order all items direct from the website?
Some items, such as rings, need to be ordered in the correct size.  Other items may be out of stock with us but could be made for you.  As delivery times between different designers can vary considerably we prefer to advise you on an item by item basis, in order to avoid disappointment.

Why is the item I have ordered a different price to the one on the website?
Prices charged are reviewed on a regular basis due to the fluctuating prices of gold, silver and other materials used to make the jewellery.  For stock items, the prices on the website are amended as we receive new deliveries in to us.  For commissioned pieces, we will obtain a quote for you before you place your order; this price is usually valid for 7 days.

How long will it take for my jewellery to be delivered?
If the item is in stock it should normally be delivered within one week. If your jewellery is made to order it may take up to 8 weeks.  Each jeweller works in a different way and we will give you an estimated delivery schedule when you place your order.  If you are planning a Christmas present or you need an item for a specific date, please contact us as early as you can as these estimated delivery times may be considerably longer in busy periods.

How can I ensure that an item is delivered promptly?
When you contact us to place an order we will advise an approximate delivery schedule.  In some cases, if the quoted waiting time is too long, we may be able to ask a jeweller to fulfil an order more quickly.  We may also be able to offer you a suitable alternative item, which can be delivered more quickly.

Do I pay a delivery charge for each item I order?
There is just one charge of £6 (UK deliveries only) per order, regardless of how many items there are on each order.  Each item will be despatched as soon as it is available.

How do I ensure I am ordering the correct ring size?
Rings are sized by the UK’s standard letter system. Fingers should ideally be measured by a jeweller, when the hands are neither very cold nor very warm, most jewellers will do this for you free of charge.  If you are buying a gift, a size can be obtained from measuring a ring already owned by the intended wearer.  Alternatively we can send you a measuring card, free of charge.

How do I ensure I am ordering the correct bangle size?
Bangles are measured across the internal diameter in millimetres.  Sizes for non-circular bangles can be discussed at the time of ordering.  Some of our bangles only come in one size.

How do I ensure I am ordering the correct bracelet size?
Bracelets are measured by length in inches, some may not be able to be made to an exact length due to the components of the item (eg size of links).

How do I ensure I am ordering the correct watch size?
Watches are measured by length in inches, some may be able to be adjusted by the removal of a link.

Why is the item I have received not identical to the picture on the website?
Most of the jewellery that we sell is hand-made, therefore there may be slight variations from the photograph held on the website.  Stone jewellery in particular can vary quite significantly depending on the stones available.

Can the items shown be ordered with slight variations?
Most items can be made to order with slight variations, for items with precious or semi-precious stones, it may be possible to change a diamond for a sapphire, an amethyst for garnet and so on.  Some items shown in silver can be made in gold, platinum or palladium and vice versa. Necklaces or bracelets may be able to be made in different lengths. Please let us know exactly what you would like and we will let you know if this is possible.

Can I have a piece of jewellery made to my own design?
We can commission work on your behalf.  If you let us know what you would like, we will try to match you with the appropriate jeweller and work with you to achieve your design.  It must be borne in mind though, that the jewellers will add their own interpretation and an exact representation cannot be guaranteed. Please be aware that commissioned items are a firm sale and non-refundable. This does not affect your statutory rights.

Some of your jewellery is described as unique, what does this mean?
These pieces are one off items which cannot be replicated as they have been designed to accommodate a particular stone.  It may be possible for the jeweller to create a similar design for you.

Why do some items have a 'guide price'?
Material prices fluctuate frequently on the world markets, if an item is out of stock we may only be able to show you the last known price. 
Another reason is that the price will possibly increase if the piece is ordered in large sizes, thus using more material.
Where a ‘guide price’ is shown, we will always supply you with a firm quote before processing your order.

What do I do if I want to return an item?
Please contact us as soon as possible via your account, alternatively please advise us in writing by email.  Goods should be carefully packed and accompanied with your Returns Code and a letter giving your name and address, order details and reason for return.  Pebbles cannot be held responsible for returns which are lost or damaged in the post, it is therefore important that you ensure that any returns are adequately insured and correctly packaged.
Please read our Shipping and Returns information.

Can I identify the maker from the code of the item's order number?
Yes you can.  If you have been browsing, for instance necklaces or earrings, you may wish to see all the other items available from that particular jeweller.  The first 2 or 3 letters of the order no. code will indicate under which designer's button you will find their collection.  The key to this is as follows:
BAG - Pat Bagwell
BN - Beit Nir
DG - Dganit Hen
EC - Deco Echo 
FC - Fiona Cameron
FSP - Frances McKinnel
JA - Jan Allison
JA - Jasmine Jewllery 
JN - James Newman
KB - Keith Beauchamp 
KCL - Katherine Campbell-Legg
LR - Lior Elad